Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The words that brought me up till today

From the day i took up the racquet when i was 14, my coaches gave me words of encouragement to make me a better player and motivate me to improve to the extra miles...



When i was 14, my coach Audrey from PBA told me....

"Hold your racquet like this boy, that's the right way to smash"

At that time, i just started training for only 4 times a month?



I improved slowly and went on to another coach in PBA...


This time she told me...


"The way this boy hold his racquet was wrong..."


I heard that comment and made me change the way i hold my racquet grip. Everyday i will practice holding the racquet grip in the correct way and i did it !


1 year later, i changed to MBA Academy at Taman Megah...


The coach that coached me that time was Marylin....


She was fierce but she did that for our own benefits....


"Don't slack !!! Why curi tulang ar? Want die ar? Later do pumping and sit ups..."


Those were the moments where she made me become a tougher player with better physical....


Soon, after the departure of Marilyn, another coach named Teng Yung took over...


He taught me how to push in the best position, where it is known as World Class Doubles Push. I learned from him and he was a joyous person, indeed he always teases me with..


"Wa...your smash very POWDERFUL !!!" lols =_="


And soon, i met another coach, Andrew Chang and Kah Shin....


Andrew helped me in a major part of my badminton, especially physically and mentally...


Kah Shin on the other hand was with words of advice and the correct way to play the strokes...


This is what andrew told me during the 1 month training stint..


"You can't follow exactly a player's strokes, but you can follow his style of play...You cannot exactly follow the way Lee Chong Wei plays, but you can follow his style..."


"Wa, pakai macam Chong Wei...eh sorry la, it's Zhi Wei XD"


"1 mistake, 1 point !"


"You are just producing 70% of your speed, 110% of your effort is what i want..."


"I can give you all the knowledge i have, but if you don't put in any effort, it will turn out to be useless..."


"Tahan, never give up...hold on yourself to the last shuttle !"


"Keep the rally alive, don't let the shuttle fall on the floor"


Later on, i met Jia Jin in MBA...he thought me many new strokes, though he didn't give much word of advice...


He taught me to do "Bei Dong", slicing net, Jump Smash and lots more....to make me a player which is good in besides physical and also in strokes....



After that, i quit MBA and joined Nusa Mahsuri, where Wern Lin asked me to join...(Previously i thought of joining Setia Academy)



I met 2 new coaches, they are Coach Doni and Coach Zul...


Though i'm new there, Coach Zul gave me advices too...he said...


"Focus pada bola, kalau tak boleh buat perfect shot, masukkan bola saja, jangan biar dia mati"


Another advice that Coach Doni gave was, though i'm just under him today was...


"Ingat apa yang saya ajar kamu hari ini, Tiga perkara penting...Ingat apa yang kamu sudah belajar dan jangan lupa, gunakan-nya, dan hormati orang lain"


It really give me reflection of myself that i'm not a very disciplined player, so i will take on his advice...He even taught me how to play a good doubles game and Singles game....He even told me the proper way to smash, the 3 methods....


I'm very grateful that i can reach my level today, but i will not stop here, I will move on and make myself better than today...




"Leaving the past behind and Look ahead the future"

No comments: