Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Bad performance

I managed to learn how to fold clothes quickly, but in exchange i "lost" part of my skills in badminton...



Went training this morning, had warm ups and footwork drills....



Coach asked me to spar with a girl (Gombak player) and i lost to her 7-2, 7-0 ....That moment i was so cold, didn't know what I did....Those mistakes....they were way too simple...I just hate myself sometimes that why i would make simple mistakes....



Among mistakes i made were Clears(just reached half court, WTH), footwork(lacking of speed), smashes(not accurate and net)....



I just feel so useless, i stare at my racquet for quite some time...Sat at the bench looking at those state players and circuit players train, i looked at their consistency...Men...they are way more consistent that me, which makes me feel more useless than anything else on earth (even my dog does better)



I chat with Wern Lin for a moment at training, she told me that my speed was very slow and i played like girl's style(Passive)...It hurts when hearing that, but at least she was being honest and I was able to know my mistakes...



Did better for the shuttle drill part where we did cross court smashes and cross court nets...Bad smashes as I was not able to find my contact point correctly(that takes time)....So my smashes were basically weak in a way....



Things i need to emphasis on:

1) Footwork shadows (Speed)
2) Jogging (Speed)
3) Wristwork (weightlifts)
4) Wristwork (Squash Racquet weight)
5) Strokes (can be only done at training centre)



I will start working hard now...by Jan 2009, i will be BACK !!!!

No comments: