Saturday, November 22, 2008

First round casualties

Today's tournament was pretty intense(for me) as i just started getting back into badminton about 1 week?



Reached there at 8.am...many players were stroking and warming up, getting ready for the matches...The tournament started off yesterday, but i didn't go as I don't have any matches yesterday...



So the main story was about the Singles Game....



They used the 30 points - 1 game system for the match, but 21 points x 3 game system when reached Semi Finals and Finals



I faced a Malay Player(forgot his name), stroked with him, knew it was going to be a tough match as i'm not very active in the morning...



Match started...0-0



I served to my opponent, opponent replied with a deep drive towards the right hand corner...Stunned....



The match goes on as my opponent and I were playing Drive(deep flat shots across the net) and some of his drive were managed to be deflected by me to his corner of the court....



He was leading 3-0 at first



And then 5-2 and slowly i managed to close to gap until I leveled the score at 14-14...



I managed to take the lead from there and lead to 18-16....it was a neck-to-neck where we both scored points every service....the crowd were excited...



He made many mistakes such as service net and smash at the net, meanwhile on the other hand, i made mistakes such as cross court drop, smash to the net and weak defence...



The main problem of the day was my "SLOW LEGS"



The scoreline was 24-24..he managed to take back the lead into 25-24...


I tried to fight hard with him, but i went under pressure and made many unnecessary mistakes...at last...the match ended where i lost to him 25-30...



I went and shook hands with my opponent and complimented him..."good game"



My training-mates that participated in the tournament hugged me and consoled me....Thank you for your support and cheer during the match =)



One of their parents told me, "U've tried your best to put up a good fight"



In doubles, it was a different story...



In fact, it was like a one sided match...where we lost to our opponent, which 1 of them is a state player and my friend, with the score 9-30...



That was the worst match of the day...



Anyways, i guess i had to get this "first round casualties" habit away to improve...



Signing off peeps

No comments: