Saturday, August 2, 2008

Yesssssss!!!!!

Yes !!! I did it....i managed to create history today by beating my long known opponent, Philip Wong....




Won the match against Philip with the score: 15-21, 21-16, 21-19




The match was intense and the place was hot....




Let me tell you what happened during the whole 40 minutes match....




Game 1:


I was playing against Philip....the first set was tough...was not able to put on the momentum...many mistakes made due to slow speed and unsmooth Footwork....lost to Philip 15-21...




Game 2:


2nd game was gonna be crucial for me, as i have to win the second game to proceed to the 3rd game, which is the deciding game !!!




It was tough at the early points of 2nd game...where our scores are neck-to-neck...have to stay focus and not interfered by anything else....When I reached to the score for 2nd game, 9-11, i changed the score by putting on momentum into the game....it was very tiring and energy draining....HuuuuHaaaaa !!!!!!




I was at the end of giving up, but i told myself not to think about winning the match....instead, i told my mind of thinking how to get points 1 by 1....




I did as what i wanted to do and it really worked....I was clinching Game Point at 20-16...Philip was looking tired....and mistakes started to appear....I worked for the Game Point and I did a spinning net shot....and Philip couldn't retrieve it !!!




Game Point for 2nd game !!!!




Game 3:


THis is the deciding game for the match !! Both of us, Philip and I are very exhausted...I tried to fight hard in this game, by telling my mind not to be tired and stay focused in the game....try not to think of winning the match...instead, think of how to win the Points 1 by 1....




Both of us fought very hard in the beginning, the opening of Game 3....i tried to take the lead, but Philip managed to catch up and our scores were even again....Very crucial point to make a change...Lost out 2 points to Philip and he took the Interval Point, 11-9....




I tried to hold on to my own spirit and determination, by telling myself not to think of exhaustion, just think of the match !!!!




As Philip served at 11-9, I tried to turn the game around....and it worked....at the crucial moment of 12-10(i'm 10), I worked hard point by point...and managed to turned the game around by leading 19-13....but then Philip was not trying to give up too...we both fought hard....and then i clinched Match Point...20-14...




Started to be slightly nervous, and Phil managed to catch up till 19-20....told myself not to get distracted by my nervosity....




As Philip served at 19-20, i leaped in front of put a small drop at the net by faking it...and then he did not expect the shot to go there, and i Won the Match Point !!!!!




21-19 !!!!!!!!!!!




I yelled out loud with pride and honour, clinching my fist when i won the match....Yes...i feel that kind of sensational feeling....was awesome !!!!




Shook hands with philip and he told me," I can't play singles anymore, only doublees !!!"




Was slightly happy with my performance, cuz i managed to play offensive games...and most of my points are won by smashes.....




I replied, " But you're a good singles player, ya know??!!"




And we ended up with laughters....




It was sweet....winning one of the encounters....and now the current score is 1-3 !!!!




Created history by scoring 1 !!! Yesh !!!!




Reached home at 2:30...feeling bad...voice went wrong, headache, waist ache, back ache, calf muscle ache...etc....




Slept after bathing....Drained too much energy for the match....INTENSE !!!!




Here are some details of the Match:


Match Duration: 40 minutes
Clear Winners: Philip
Smash Winners: Zhi Wei
Net winners: 50:50
Match score: Won by Zhi Wei [15-21, 21-16, 21-19]












"I thought of you when I was playing my match point, this victory i shall share with you, the one and only one in my heart, a sweet moments of ours, sharing the victory...."

No comments: