Sunday, April 27, 2008

Training and Analyzing own problem !!

Today's training was as usual...here are the things i did...


Other students jog 15 rounds, i jog 20....(coach's order)


Then i did 4 on 1....(which is i'm the one)...the other 4 was allowed to smash, meanwhile i only can drop and clear....haha...was fun after all....


And then....the other coach asked us to do some extra jogs under the Blazing Hot Sun for 5 rounds and then sprinting with the given time....


I failed sprinting part...and then i gotta re-run again for 3 times...and finally...i managed to break the time given...38 secs (given time: 40 secs)


Sparred with another of my training mate...lost in half court singles 11 points....the score was 10-12...


Meanwhile other rest and warm down to go home, my coach gave me extra training...10 shuttles, but i forgot i did how many rows....(don't look down at the 10...u gotta do many things with 10 shuttles)


What he asked me to do was control the shuttle...such as drop drop and when he put at the net...u drop back over the net...and finally he lift u smash !!!! The first few sets i did very badly...and i got scolded from him....


"U told me people very good and u asked for extra training, yet u did so badly...if u dun wanna do properly, don't waste my time..."


I stood up and continued....was actually tiring when u gotta control the shuttle and make sure it passes the net all the time...i did with my best and managed to do well...at least he was not as furious as previously...


When done, he asked me..."Tired or not? 1 more set?"


I told him..."Yeah...bring it on!!!"


And i did more...in order to control the shuttle well...which willl help me in controlling my opponent in game...i gotta train hard in controlling before able to learn all the offensive shots...


He told me this...


"U so fast tired like this, how are u gonna endure?? "


After training, my coach asked him teman him go eat breakfast...and guess where we went??


Secret Recipe...LOL


He ordered food to eat and i ordered ice lemon tea...sat down and chat...and i asked him many questions...and at the same time he analyzed my problems...


This is what he stated:
- Ur foundation is weak...u can never play a good badminton without a good foundation!

- Work hard on controlling the shuttle...see other professional players...they control their shuttle so beautifully...and then u can control ur opponent in the game...

- Han Jian started training at 16...yet he managed to become a national player...nothing is impossible !!! U gotta endure and go through it !!!

- Rally, Control and Offensive styles are all different things...

- How they do folding jump smashes??They do it when the shuttle is at the top before falling down (Physics: projectile motion) u jump and then smash when the shuttle starts to fall(which is ur still in the air, that is known as jump smash)
>>>>>Currently, my jump smash is like after i jump and land only i smash...(better don't jump...)


After that, i went back to the training centre...meanwhile walking...he told me this...


"Do u know that i can turn a player without talent into a player with talent??"


"Do u know i can train players without talent to beat born-talented players??"


Perhaps this is his thoughts...but i'm happy to get such a good coach....unlike some coaches which cheat ur money and teaching u the wrong things....


And finally...this is what i should do...

>>> Improve my controlling ability....and then at the same time...my smashes...and then only combine both together....


Well....that's all folks !!!





"What I aim for is not being no.1 in Malaysia, but I aim for no.1 in the WORLD, be no.1 in the world "

No comments: