Sunday, November 15, 2009

1st Day over

The first day of exam is finally over, but it was a bad headstart for me. My IQS was a nightmare for me.



It all started well when i was doing my Taking-Off list for Strip Foundation, but halfway doing i realised i left out some stuff and for IQS subject, you are not allowed to use blanko or whatsoever item to erase it, so i got no choice but to rewrite it again.



After that, in the Dimension Sheet section, i forgotten to insert some stuff into it and couldn't cancel it because there was too much i left out, and there goes another re-writing session and then i wasted so much time there.



When i arrived at the Pad Foundation section, i was only left with 1 hour minutes time. Looked through the question and then start doing it. When i was doing it, suddenly i wrote something wrong again, so i made a small crossout and continued my paper. Things got worse and i crossed out a lot. Decided to re-do the paper again and things got worse. After rewriting and i checked back, there's only 40 minutes left. I tried to speed up my work, but the maximum i could go is half of the Pad Foundation.



When i was about to continue, the invigilator announced Time is Up. I had to put down the pen with the unsatisfied heart of mine and just couldn't say a word the moment the examiner collected the answer papers. Seeing others able to accomplish their paper, I sat down at the chair realising that i can't do much.



I wanted to cry because i was so unsatisfied with my paper which i normally can do better than this. The feeling just make me feel that i'm such a useless guy.



Now that IQS has fallen badly, there are 3 subjects left, which are Building Construction 1, Construction Law and Building Services 1.



I cannot afford to fail my IQS. I cannot afford to fail...I CAN'T....



Here are the total marks for the paper IQS:

Strip Foundation - 30 marks

Pad Foundation - 50 marks


Calculate my scenario and you will know how bad is my situation.





Exams:

Monday: IQS

Tuesday: Building Construction 1

Wednesday: Construction Law

Thursday: Building Services 1





"I must not look back anymore, look forward and do the rest properly"

No comments: