Monday, August 17, 2009

Sparring Day 1/5 days left for Social Badminton Tournament

Today's sparring session at Megah. Played Singles and Doubles.



The Singles match-up was the thrilling, memorable yet a good experience for me to work on my weaknesses.



Opponent of the day: Chris

Score: 20-22, 21-16, 8-21



The first game was an equally fair out when both of us made a lot of mistakes such as my net shot couldn't pass over the net and Chris's clears going out of the baseline. Was a bit slow and couldn't build up momentum in the first game. Lost out 20-22




Second game was a much better game for me when i took more initiative to attack and put in the shots. Chris played in a lot of drives which were very dangerous to me. Luckily i managed to secure the second set with the score 21-16.








The third game was a disaster and lop-sided match. It was a neck-to-neck scoring from both of us from 0-0 to 8-8, but after that point, i started to make more mistakes such as smashing into the net, out, and so on...and that came to an end with the score 8-21.



Moments of disappointments...sitting down at the bench, looking at the floor and flashbacks of the match showing my mistakes. The sweat flowed down from my forehead to my neck....i sat down calmly....










It was a great experience for me and a pleasure to play with Chris. He gave me a new idea of singles after playing against him and some inspiration to add into my style. Last but not least, lets not forget Philip and Henry for giving a good quality of doubles games today.

No comments: