Thursday, August 20, 2009

2 more days, but with all sorts of obstacles

Just 2 more days to Social Badminton Tournament. The usually-me getting excited did not happened, instead, something disastrous happened....



Had sparring sessions with Chris, Bryan, Chiu and Henry today at Taman Megah. It was okay at first, but then things happened later on...



It was all fine when we played doubles properly, but today was a bit lacking of the speed and precision, so i made pretty much mistakes. As the game moved on, i was trying to bring out my best but couldn't.



That moment, when i played a net shot which is slightly higher, my opponent tapped the shuttle and directly the shuttle flew towards my cheekbone(right directly below my eye) and immediately the whole cheekbone went swollen.



Applied some ice and rest for a while. Tried to play back and resume the sparring session with a one-sided blurr vision.



After playing loads of doubles matches, we had singles sparring session. I played against Bryan and it started off by a neck-to-neck points, but later on my mistakes came in and ended up threwing the first game away.



The second game was a disaster. I didn't know what was i playing and my movements(footwork) were seriously SLOW compared to few days ago. In the end, i lost the match.



Just couldn't hold up myself, broke down and tears flow down from my eyes. The moment of silence revolved around me.



I know crying out loud isn't going to change the scenario to any better, but i just feel like doing so...



I just don't know how to answer myself. I don't mind losing, but the problem is i lost the match feeling regretful because I could not give my best. If i did give my best shot, i will lose without feeling any moments of regrets.



Anyways, credits to Bryan



I know i have to be positive at this moment, i have to put down this disastrous moment and look forward to prepare for this saturday's tournament. I wish that this nightmare will not haunt me on the day itself.



Please....i beg myself too....i don't want it to happen on me...



Tomorrow's training will provide an answer to saturday's performance, POSITIVE!

No comments: