Thursday, April 22, 2010

Match against FU Chih

A match against Fu Chih today since Coach Andrew (Fu Chih's coach) asked him to spar against me.



I started off badly as i put too much pressure on myself during the game. The first game did not go well and i made many simple mistakes that had myself killed. First game losing out 16-21.



When the second game started, was given some advice by Coach Andrew and played much better than first game, yet unresponsive at the front of the net due to the aching in the thigh resulting from yesterday's training. Somehow, managed to clinch the second game 21-12.



The 3rd game was supposed to be crucial, but it was a one way traffic for me from 0-0 to 11-0, then i made a mistake and there, Fu Chih managed to get 5 points before the game was being closed up. The 3rd game ended with the score: 21-5.




I shall need to work more on my singles, especially on anticipation, change in pace in footwork, explosive power in footwork and also....less mistakes Please.




Overall score: 16-21, 21-12, 21-5

No comments: