Saturday, February 7, 2009

Training 8/2/09

Woke up 6:30 am, had some fruit juice and few pieces of biscuit with a packet of milk, i packed up my badminton bag, lifted it and off i go for training...



Reached training at 7:40 am...I walked into the hall with excitement to see who attend training today...I opened the door and saw many players training intensively in the court, some doing footwork shadows, some jogging around the hall...I saw Wern Lin jogging all by herself over there and i waved at her =)



I sat down on the floor and put down my bag on the floor, took up my badminton shoes from my shoes compartment and switched my footgear into badminton shoes. Wern Lin came over and asked me to go for jogging...I started my jogging and added some sprints in it for 10 rounds...before i started jogging, i went to greet my coaches....



I continued doing footwork shadows and I did each different shadows in 3 sets....Holding the squash racquet, i tried to swing it as hard as possible and Coach Zul was watching over us when he was looking around the hall to assist players in need....



Wern lin and I continued doing wall drilling and Coach Doni asked us to get into court and stroke...After stroking for a moment, Coach Doni divided us into pair and we played Doubles. I partnered Wern Lin and we started training...



We played 3 sets of doubles, 11 points...we lost all 3 games...we had break for a short while and immediately Coach Doni asked us to do cross court control...and we did 5 sets of it...and we had break for a while...Coach Doni then divided us into pairs again and we played doubles again, 7 points, the loser has to do 5 hinding jumps...and we played 3 sets....after that, we had sprinting sessions and physical....



It was 10:00am and i went out to chill at the player's lounge...chit-chated with some of the players and had some jokes...Went in and then resumed training with Coach Zul and Wern Lin...he asked us to take our squash racquets and do shuttle drills with it...we did 5 sets of 4 corners, 5 sets of smashes and net shots, 5 sets of lifting and smash at the baseline and 5 sets of smash cross court and tap with badminton racquet....



After finishing the shuttle drill section, Coach Zul dismissed us by asking us to do sprintings and physical another time....



Switched back into my slippers and my clothes...went to say goodbye with all my coaches and then i opened the door of the hall and left....



After doing shuttle drills with squash racquet, i can feel the sudden increase of strength in my smashes....i guess i should continue my physical routine everyday...



Chao =D

No comments: